Teen critical after being shot in Southwest Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - May 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a teen was shot in the neck and shoulder in Southwest Philadelphia early Friday morning.
The shooting happened around 1:00 a.m. near the 7300 block of Chelwynde Avenue.
Police say the 18-year-old male was taken to the hospital in critical but stable condition.
His name has not been released.
So far, there is no word on any arrests or a motive in the incident.
teens, shooting, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos