11 arrested in prostitution bust at Allentown strip club
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - May 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Eleven exotic dancers have been arrested on prostitution charges after an undercover sting operation at an Allentown strip club.
Police raided the Platinum Plus club around 5 p.m. Wednesday. Investigators allege undercover officers were offered sex acts for between $500 and $1,100. Authorities say the officers gave all 11 employees a $100 down payment in exchange for sexual acts and told them they would pay the rest in a private room.
Authorities allege an undercover officer visited the club a few times before the raid, posing as a wine distributor. He told a club employee he had some high-price clients coming in and wanted them treated well.
The dancers have been arraigned and released on $20,000 bail pending a May 21 preliminary hearing. A manager at the club declined comment.
lehigh county, allentown, pennsylvania, prostitution, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 55 min ago
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete 21 min ago
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
17 min ago