11 arrested in prostitution bust at Allentown strip club
ALLENTOWN, Pa. - May 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- Eleven exotic dancers have been arrested on prostitution charges after an undercover sting operation at an Allentown strip club.
Police raided the Platinum Plus club around 5 p.m. Wednesday. Investigators allege undercover officers were offered sex acts for between $500 and $1,100. Authorities say the officers gave all 11 employees a $100 down payment in exchange for sexual acts and told them they would pay the rest in a private room.
Authorities allege an undercover officer visited the club a few times before the raid, posing as a wine distributor. He told a club employee he had some high-price clients coming in and wanted them treated well.
The dancers have been arraigned and released on $20,000 bail pending a May 21 preliminary hearing. A manager at the club declined comment.
lehigh county, allentown, pennsylvania, prostitution, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 19 min ago
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures