Fiery crash shuts down southbound Northeast Extension in Lehigh County
LOWER MILFORD TWP., Pa. - May 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- A fiery crash has shut down the southbound lanes of the Pennsylvania Turnpike's Northeast Extension at the beginning of the afternoon rush hour.
It happened before 4:00 p.m. at mile marker 46 between the Lehigh Valley and Quakertown exits in Lower Milford Township.
Sources tell Action News a camper being pulled by another vehicle caught fire.
An image sent to Action News by a motorist passing by the accident showed a fiery scene involving an SUV and flames coming from what appeared to be the camper lying on its side.
No one was injured in the accident.
All southbound lanes were blocked as firefighters extinguished the flames and crews began to clear the wreckage.
Images from Chopper 6 HD showed a line of cars backed up for miles on the southbound side.
Motorists were seen getting out of their vehicles and sitting along the side of road as they waited for the accident scene to be cleared.
pennsylvania, accident, lehigh county, fire, local/state
- Photos: 24 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 48 min ago
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 38 min ago
- Wildfire risk prompts Red Flag Warning for NJ 23 min ago
- Road reopens months after Frankford water main break 53 min ago
- Man shot multiple times in West Philadelphia 38 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- Woman charged in NJ man's overdose death
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
48 min ago