Fiery crash shuts down southbound Northeast Extension in Lehigh County
LOWER MILFORD TWP., Pa. - May 3, 2013 (WPVI) -- A fiery crash has shut down the southbound lanes of the Pennsylvania Turnpike's Northeast Extension at the beginning of the afternoon rush hour.
It happened before 4:00 p.m. at mile marker 46 between the Lehigh Valley and Quakertown exits in Lower Milford Township.
Sources tell Action News a camper being pulled by another vehicle caught fire.
An image sent to Action News by a motorist passing by the accident showed a fiery scene involving an SUV and flames coming from what appeared to be the camper lying on its side.
No one was injured in the accident.
All southbound lanes were blocked as firefighters extinguished the flames and crews began to clear the wreckage.
Images from Chopper 6 HD showed a line of cars backed up for miles on the southbound side.
Motorists were seen getting out of their vehicles and sitting along the side of road as they waited for the accident scene to be cleared.
pennsylvania, accident, lehigh county, fire, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos