Police find shooting victim in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - May 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police found a man in a pool of blood after a shooting in West Philadelphia early Saturday morning.
It was around 1:50 a.m. when officers from the 19th district heard gunshots in the area of 53rd and Arch.
Upon arrival they found the victim on the ground.
The 24-year-old man was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in critical condition.
There was no immediate word on any arrests in this shooting.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila. 50 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt 6 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
50 min ago
- Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
56 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos