Police find shooting victim in West Philadelphia
WEST PHILADELPHIA - May 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police found a man in a pool of blood after a shooting in West Philadelphia early Saturday morning.
It was around 1:50 a.m. when officers from the 19th district heard gunshots in the area of 53rd and Arch.
Upon arrival they found the victim on the ground.
The 24-year-old man was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in critical condition.
There was no immediate word on any arrests in this shooting.
philadelphia, west philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 36 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower