Man stabbed in stomach in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - May 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man was stabbed in the stomach early Saturday morning in North Philadelphia.
Officers were called to the 1800 block of North Gratz Street at 4:37 a.m.
Investigators say the victim was a 25-year-old man.
The victim was taken to Temple University Hospital in stable condition.
There was no immediate word as to who stabbed him or why.
Earlier reports from the scene said the victim was a teen who had a finger severed. Police officials couldn't confirm that information on Saturday afternoon.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, stabbing, local/state
- Screaming man attacks police station, cars 2 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 25 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of smashed police car, station... 7 min ago
- Standoff leaves 1 dead, several in custody
- 2 men shot inside Feltonville bar
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 50 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases
- Video: Would-be firebomber sets self on fire 20 min ago
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
50 min ago