Man stabbed in stomach in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - May 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man was stabbed in the stomach early Saturday morning in North Philadelphia.
Officers were called to the 1800 block of North Gratz Street at 4:37 a.m.
Investigators say the victim was a 25-year-old man.
The victim was taken to Temple University Hospital in stable condition.
There was no immediate word as to who stabbed him or why.
Earlier reports from the scene said the victim was a teen who had a finger severed. Police officials couldn't confirm that information on Saturday afternoon.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, stabbing, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested 3 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?