Man stabbed in stomach in North Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - May 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say a man was stabbed in the stomach early Saturday morning in North Philadelphia.
Officers were called to the 1800 block of North Gratz Street at 4:37 a.m.
Investigators say the victim was a 25-year-old man.
The victim was taken to Temple University Hospital in stable condition.
There was no immediate word as to who stabbed him or why.
Earlier reports from the scene said the victim was a teen who had a finger severed. Police officials couldn't confirm that information on Saturday afternoon.
philadelphia, north philadelphia, stabbing, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Record Weekend Warmth
51 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos