Millsboro man in custody after police chase
LAUREL, Del. - May 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Delaware State Police says a Millsboro man was arrested after leading troopers on a chase.
Troopers say they attempted to stop 50-year-old Bryan Parsons on Friday around 10:15 a.m. Parsons was driving his 2004 Ford van along Hitch Pond Road in Laurel at the time.
Troopers say Parsons failed to stop and threw a bag of heroin out the window of his vehicle. Troopers say Parsons eventually abandoned his vehicle and ran from troopers, who captured him after a foot chase.
Troopers say a search of Parsons' vehicle uncovered 13 bags of heroin. Troopers also searched Parsons' home and found an additional bag of heroin.
Parsons faces drug charges as well as a charge of resisting arrest and another for disregarding a police officer's signal.
delaware, sussex county, drugs, police chase, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 6 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Fairy Godmothers make prom dreams come true
44 min ago