Police: Gun used to kill boxer Tony Martin stolen from cop
HUNTING PARK - May 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police believe the weapon that killed a retired boxer was stolen from a Philadelphia officer last fall.
52-year-old Tony Martin was shot and killed in March while collecting rent from a tenant living in his West Butler Street property.
20-year-old Shaquille Henderson was later arrested and charged with the Martin's murder.
Authorities now say the weapon Henderson allegedly used was stolen from his aunt, a Philadelphia police officer in the 22nd district.
Action News has learned that an unidentified officer took the proper steps to report that her service weapon was stolen.
No further information has been released.
Philadelphia Police's Internal Affairs Department is currently investigating.
philadelphia, homicide, hunting park, shooting, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors 48 min ago
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila. 40 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million 23 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook 24 min ago
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co.
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections
51 min ago
- Eva Pilgrim on highway storm preparations
13 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
23 min ago
- Army, Navy teams compete in Rocky Relay
6 min ago