Police: 'Bad' heroin batch causes multiple overdoses
CAMDEN, N.J. - May 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities believe a bad batch of heroin being sold in Camden is to blame for multiple overdoses over the weekend.
Police say three people were brought to Cooper University Hospital on Friday night for treatment of heroin overdose.
Investigators say these overdoses may have been caused by a batch of heroin that contained toxic and potentially fatal elements.
Officials will be testing the drugs to determine its composition.
The source of the botched heroin batches is still unknown.
The Camden County Prosecutor's Office and the Camden County Police Department and continuing to investigate.
new jersey, camden, camden county, drugs, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession 23 min ago
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies