Police: 'Bad' heroin batch causes multiple overdoses
CAMDEN, N.J. - May 4, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities believe a bad batch of heroin being sold in Camden is to blame for multiple overdoses over the weekend.
Police say three people were brought to Cooper University Hospital on Friday night for treatment of heroin overdose.
Investigators say these overdoses may have been caused by a batch of heroin that contained toxic and potentially fatal elements.
Officials will be testing the drugs to determine its composition.
The source of the botched heroin batches is still unknown.
The Camden County Prosecutor's Office and the Camden County Police Department and continuing to investigate.
new jersey, camden, camden county, drugs, local/state
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 53 min ago
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill 33 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar