I-95 near Broad Street reopens after truck fire
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - May 5, 2013 (WPVI) -- All lanes of I-95 near Broad Street are open after a tractor-trailer fire shut down the highway Sunday morning.
The fire occurred around 6:00 a.m. Sunday.
Officials say the tractor-trailer, carrying pineapples, was heading northbound on I-95 near Pattison Avenue in South Philadelphia.
The trailer came into contact with another vehicle and then struck the concrete median.
The tractor-trailer then caught fire.
The fire was placed under control at approximately 6:40 a.m.
Medics transported the driver of the tractor-trailer to a local hospital.
The driver's condition has not been released. Both lanes of I-95 were closed for nearly two hours, with the southbound lanes reopening around 7:50 a.m.
All lanes were reopened shortly before 1:00 p.m.
philadelphia, fire, south philadelphia, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 39 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 34 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 54 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Wynnewood community mourns college student's death
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley 49 min ago
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship 39 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
39 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
34 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
54 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos