Missing children from Gloucester City located
GLOUCESTER CITY, N.J. - May 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Camden County prosecutor's office said that two children, missing since Sunday afternoon, have been located.
Authorities say their father, Lee Giordano, 28, contacted police on Monday to say the kids are with him and are fine.
Brianna Giordano, 5, and Lee Giordano Jr., 2, were last seen going out for ice cream with their father on Sunday afternoon.
The three hadn't been heard from by lunchtime on Monday, when the prosecutor's office issued an alert.
In a news release on Monday evening, the prosecutor's office said Giordano and his wife are not divorced and have no custody arrangements ordered by court, so "as the children's father he does not have a legal obligation to notify his wife if he chooses to travel with his children. No laws have been broken."
They say he has also contacted his wife and let her know where he and the children are.
The prosecutor's office also said Giordano told them he is working to resolve a custody issue in Florida, where the couple lived recently.
The prosecutor's office said it is "not pursuing involvement in the case."
new jersey, camden county, missing children, missing person, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 8 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apartments 59 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ 12 min ago
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Rare fish found off Delaware River
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
5 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
59 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
8 min ago