AP: Prince Harry to visit Mantoloking, Seaside Heights
POINT PLEASANT BEACH, N.J. - May 6, 2013 (WPVI) -- The mayor of a storm-wrecked New Jersey shore town says England's Prince Harry will visit next week before heading to a news conference elsewhere in the state.
Mantoloking Mayor George Nebel says one of the heirs to the British throne will take a short walk along the town's bay front during a brief visit May 14.
The prince will accompany Gov. Chris Christie to Seaside Heights afterward.
Harry is visiting various areas of the country and wanted to include areas of the Jersey Shore that were devastated by Superstorm Sandy in late October.
Nebel made the announcement Monday at a council meeting The Associated Press attended in nearby Point Pleasant Beach because Mantoloking's municipal building was wrecked by the storm. He says security will be so tight most residents won't get near the prince.
new jersey, hurricane sandy - nj shore, hurricane sandy, local/state
- China: Vietnam detects signals from missing plane 7 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos