Police identify 21-year-old man shot dead in Pennsport
PENNSPORT - May 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the 21-year-old man shot to death Monday night in the Pennsport section of Philadelphia.
The incident happened before 11:00 p.m. at 5th and Reed Streets.
Police say officers responded to a report of gunfire in the area and found 21-year-old Jamahal Miller of the 1300 block of south 29th Street lying on a front patio.
He had been shot several times.
Medics rushed him to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead a short time later.
Investigators found 22 bullet casings at the scene.
They are looking for three suspects who fled the scene.
So far no word what led to the shooting.
shooting, philadelphia, local/state
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12 11 min ago
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape