House fire claims a woman's life in Chester County
NORTH COVENTRY TWP., Pa. - May 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- A woman is dead following an early morning house fire in Chester County.
Authorities say she was trapped as flames tore through her home in the 100 block of Mount Zion Avenue in North Coventry Township.
A police officer on foot patrol spotted the fire before 4:00 a.m. Tuesday and called for help.
Firefighters responded quickly.
It took them about half an hour to get the blaze under control. After dousing the flames, they found the victim inside.
Her name has not been released.
Investigators are working to determine what sparked the fire.
chester county, pennsylvania, fire, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 15 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower