Torresdale pharmacy burglary caught on tape
TORRESDALE - May 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are asking for the public's help in identifying two suspects wanted for the burglary of a pharmacy in the city's Torresdale section.
It was 10:30 p.m. Sunday when surveillance cameras captured a red 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee pulling up to the rear of the Delaire Pharmacy, located at 9456 State Road.
The two suspects got out and attempted to force open a door to the business. The suspects managed to open the door, but were not able to get past an interior gate.
The men then drove to the front of the pharmacy and pried open the front door.
One of the men remained in the vehicle listening to a police scanner while the other suspect entered the pharmacy, disarmed the alarm system, then grabbed a number of pills.
After a short time the suspect in the vehicle got out to alert the other that the police were on their way.
The two then fled the pharmacy north on State Road.
The first suspect is described as a white male with a stocky build, wearing a black baseball hat, a dark hooded sweatshirt and black shorts.
The second suspect is described as a white male, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and dark pants.
To submit a tip via telephone, dial 215-686-8477 or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
philadelphia, torresdale, burglary, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station