Gunman opens fire in Brewerytown, 1 critically injured
BREWERYTOWN - May 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police search for the gunman who critically injured a man in the Brewerytown section of Philadelphia Monday night.
The victim was shot just after 10:00 p.m. along the 2900 block of Oxford Street.
Police say the suspect opened fire, striking the victim and then fled the scene.
Medics rushed the victim to Hahnemann Hospital for treatment and he is listed in critical condition.
So far, there is no word on a motive for the shooting.
The victim's name has not been released.
shooting, philadelphia, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say 50 min ago
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital 30 min ago
- Obama heading to South Africa
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally