Gunman opens fire in Brewerytown, 1 critically injured
BREWERYTOWN - May 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police search for the gunman who critically injured a man in the Brewerytown section of Philadelphia Monday night.
The victim was shot just after 10:00 p.m. along the 2900 block of Oxford Street.
Police say the suspect opened fire, striking the victim and then fled the scene.
Medics rushed the victim to Hahnemann Hospital for treatment and he is listed in critical condition.
So far, there is no word on a motive for the shooting.
The victim's name has not been released.
shooting, philadelphia, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 44 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 53 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Fairy Godmothers make prom dreams come true
17 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
44 min ago
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
53 min ago