Gunman opens fire in Brewerytown, 1 critically injured
BREWERYTOWN - May 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police search for the gunman who critically injured a man in the Brewerytown section of Philadelphia Monday night.
The victim was shot just after 10:00 p.m. along the 2900 block of Oxford Street.
Police say the suspect opened fire, striking the victim and then fled the scene.
Medics rushed the victim to Hahnemann Hospital for treatment and he is listed in critical condition.
So far, there is no word on a motive for the shooting.
The victim's name has not been released.
shooting, philadelphia, local/state
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp. 15 min ago
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear 54 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Police: Elderly man targeted in Chester home invasion
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co. 34 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
54 min ago