Police seek leads in Pa. college student's killing
SCRANTON, Pa. (AP) - May 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are reviewing surveillance video in the killing of a Lackawanna College student who was fatally shot after a party near the school's northeastern Pennsylvania campus.
Twenty-two-year-old Rahsan Crowder died at a hospital Sunday morning after suffering gunshot wounds to the chest and thigh. Investigators have said they believe Crowder attended a party near the crime scene and may have been involved in some sort of argument.
Acting Scranton Police Chief Carl Graziano says it's possible alcohol was involved.
Graziano tells The Times-Tribune investigators are trying to re-creating the incident. They are working to enhance video from public and private surveillance cameras in the area.
Students at a memorial service Monday remembered Crowder as a jovial person from Philadelphia who was known as "Duke" and was studying sports management.
shooting, homicide, scranton, pennsylvania, local/state
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket 43 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos