DA: Pa. teen found dead after abduction was shot
POTTSTOWN, Pa. (AP) - May 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities are searching for suspects in the killing of a teenager whose body was found shot in the back on the side of a road shortly after he had been abducted from his Philadelphia-area home.
Investigators say 19-year-old Kareem Ali Borowy was taken from the home in West Pottsgrove at gunpoint Sunday afternoon. His body was found in a grassy area along a road a short time later.
Montgomery County First Assistant District Attorney Kevin Steele says an autopsy conducted Monday determined Borowy died from a gunshot wound to the back.
Authorities say multiple suspects armed with handguns stormed into Borowy's home Sunday, demanded money and then took the teen. Investigators don't believe it was a random act.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, home invasion, body found, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- 76ers owner Harris calls 19-win season 'success'
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Bride gets help after banquet closes
- Worth the wait: Easter treats in Philadelphia
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show 51 min ago