New York man arrested for double murder in Southwest Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - May 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man from New York City has been arrested and charged with a double murder in Southwest Philadelphia.
Marco Joaquin, 18, from Manhattan, was arrested on Monday for the murders of 29-year-old Dwayne Page of the 6400 block of Reedland Street and 33-year-old Anthony Fletcher of the 4600 block of Chester Avenue.
Police say the killings happened on the night of Saturday, December 22, 2012. Officers were called to the University Court Apartments in the 4600 block of Chester Avenue around 10:30 p.m. for a report of a shooting.
Once inside, police found Fletcher in the living room with multiple gunshot wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Page was found in the kitchen with a gunshot wound to the chest. He was rushed the hospital in critical condition, but died the next day.
A third shooting victim was found with wounds to the face and chest. That victim survived.
Investigators did not immediately say what may have led up to the shooting.
Police said Joaquin is charged with: Murder, Attempted Murder, Criminal Conspiracy, Burglary, Robbery, Violation of the Uniform Firearms Act and related offenses.
- More Snow on the Way
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation 28 min ago
- Teen shot in Wilmington
- Man who bought guns for teen sentenced
- ID released of man killed on Pa. Turnpike
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition