New York man arrested for double murder in Southwest Philadelphia
PHILADELPHIA - May 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- A man from New York City has been arrested and charged with a double murder in Southwest Philadelphia.
Marco Joaquin, 18, from Manhattan, was arrested on Monday for the murders of 29-year-old Dwayne Page of the 6400 block of Reedland Street and 33-year-old Anthony Fletcher of the 4600 block of Chester Avenue.
Police say the killings happened on the night of Saturday, December 22, 2012. Officers were called to the University Court Apartments in the 4600 block of Chester Avenue around 10:30 p.m. for a report of a shooting.
Once inside, police found Fletcher in the living room with multiple gunshot wounds. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Page was found in the kitchen with a gunshot wound to the chest. He was rushed the hospital in critical condition, but died the next day.
A third shooting victim was found with wounds to the face and chest. That victim survived.
Investigators did not immediately say what may have led up to the shooting.
Police said Joaquin is charged with: Murder, Attempted Murder, Criminal Conspiracy, Burglary, Robbery, Violation of the Uniform Firearms Act and related offenses.
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ 21 min ago
- Winter's Last Blast 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City 46 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Winter's Last Blast
47 min ago
- Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
46 min ago