Ridley teacher accused of giving beer to students waives right to hearing
LIMA, Pa. - May 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Delaware County teacher accused of giving students alcohol waived her right to a preliminary hearing Tuesday.
33-year-old Katherine Preusser, who is free on bail, is charged with corruption of minors for allegedly giving beer to two 17-year-olds.
Preusser has been suspended as an English teacher at Ridley High School.
She could lose her job.
The teens were stopped by Pennsylvania State troopers, who say they found open beer cans and marijuana in the car.
pennsylvania, delaware county, alcohol, school, local/state
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 56 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman 30 min ago
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 6 min ago
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries 12 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ