NJ man indicted in death of girlfriend's foster child
MOUNT HOLLY, N.J. (AP) - May 7, 2013 (WPVI) -- Prosecutors say a southern New Jersey man has been indicted on a murder charge stemming from the death of a 1-year-old girl who was being fostered by his girlfriend.
The charge against 29-year-old Steven Donaldson of Shamong was handed up Tuesday by a Burlington County grand jury. He's accused of killing Claudia Nunes, who died one day after her birthday in February.
County Prosecutor Robert Bernardi says Donaldson was caring for the child in his girlfriend's Cinnaminson home while she was at work. He called 911 to report that Claudia was not breathing, and she was pronounced dead a short time later at a hospital.
An autopsy found the child died of blunt force trauma to the head.
Donaldson was arrested March 26 and freed after posting $250,000 cash bail.
new jersey, burlington county, homicide, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police