13 injured, woman arrested for DUI in Holmesburg crash
HOLMESBURG - May 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Thirteen people were injured when a passenger van was struck by a car in Philadelphia's Holmesburg section Wednesday morning.
The accident happened shortly after 5:00 a.m. at the intersection of Torresdale Avenue and Rhawn Street.
Police say 12 workers were in the van when a woman slammed her car into the vehicle, sending the van onto its side.
The occupants of the van and the driver of the car were all hurt, but so far those injuries appear to be non-life threatening.
The female driver of the car was arrested for DUI.
Police are investigating.
accident, holmesburg, philadelphia, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 6 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings