13 injured, woman arrested for DUI in Holmesburg crash
HOLMESBURG - May 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Thirteen people were injured when a passenger van was struck by a car in Philadelphia's Holmesburg section Wednesday morning.
The accident happened shortly after 5:00 a.m. at the intersection of Torresdale Avenue and Rhawn Street.
Police say 12 workers were in the van when a woman slammed her car into the vehicle, sending the van onto its side.
The occupants of the van and the driver of the car were all hurt, but so far those injuries appear to be non-life threatening.
The female driver of the car was arrested for DUI.
Police are investigating.
accident, holmesburg, philadelphia, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted local schools 30 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon to be under tight security
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!