2 injured in crash in front of Chichester High School
UPPER CHICHESTER, Pa. - May 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Delaware County say two people were injured in a head-on collision in front of Chichester High School Wednesday morning.
The accident happened around 8:10 a.m. in the 3300 block of Chichester Avenue in Upper Chichester.
According to police, an Office Basics box truck was traveling south on Chichester Avenue when a GMC Sierra pickup, traveling north, crossed over the center left turn lane and into southbound traffic.
The driver's side of the two vehicles collided head-on.
Police say the driver of the box truck was trapped inside the vehicle. Rescue crews managed to extract the driver after about 30 minutes.
The drivers of both vehicles were transported to Crozer Chester Medical Center for treatment. Their conditions are unknown at this time.
Police are investigating what may have caused the driver of the pickup to lose control.
delaware county, pennsylvania, accident, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought 19 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- Suspect sought after West Philadelphia bank robbery
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos