2 injured in crash in front of Chichester High School
UPPER CHICHESTER, Pa. - May 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police in Delaware County say two people were injured in a head-on collision in front of Chichester High School Wednesday morning.
The accident happened around 8:10 a.m. in the 3300 block of Chichester Avenue in Upper Chichester.
According to police, an Office Basics box truck was traveling south on Chichester Avenue when a GMC Sierra pickup, traveling north, crossed over the center left turn lane and into southbound traffic.
The driver's side of the two vehicles collided head-on.
Police say the driver of the box truck was trapped inside the vehicle. Rescue crews managed to extract the driver after about 30 minutes.
The drivers of both vehicles were transported to Crozer Chester Medical Center for treatment. Their conditions are unknown at this time.
Police are investigating what may have caused the driver of the pickup to lose control.
delaware county, pennsylvania, accident, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ