Lockdown lifted at 2 Camden County schools
GIBBSBORO, N.J. - May 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A lockdown put in place at two schools in Camden County, as police investigated suspicious items in an unattended car, has been lifted.
Eastern High School and Kellman Brown Academy in Voorhees were put on lockdown Wednesday morning after someone saw a gun holster and what appeared to be ammo and other suspicious items in the car.
Police have made contact with the driver and determined there is no threat.
The Pennsylvania man, who has a gun permit, had left his car there after picking up his girlfriend from work on Tuesday, police said, and was planning on getting the car today.
new jersey, camden county, guns, school, local/state
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives 52 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again! 43 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire 53 min ago
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator 28 min ago
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia 54 min ago
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in 24 min ago
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
43 min ago
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
53 min ago
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
54 min ago
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight...
28 min ago