Lockdown lifted at 2 Camden County schools
GIBBSBORO, N.J. - May 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A lockdown put in place at two schools in Camden County, as police investigated suspicious items in an unattended car, has been lifted.
Eastern High School and Kellman Brown Academy in Voorhees were put on lockdown Wednesday morning after someone saw a gun holster and what appeared to be ammo and other suspicious items in the car.
Police have made contact with the driver and determined there is no threat.
The Pennsylvania man, who has a gun permit, had left his car there after picking up his girlfriend from work on Tuesday, police said, and was planning on getting the car today.
new jersey, camden county, guns, school, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police