Lockdown lifted at 2 Camden County schools
GIBBSBORO, N.J. - May 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A lockdown put in place at two schools in Camden County, as police investigated suspicious items in an unattended car, has been lifted.
Eastern High School and Kellman Brown Academy in Voorhees were put on lockdown Wednesday morning after someone saw a gun holster and what appeared to be ammo and other suspicious items in the car.
Police have made contact with the driver and determined there is no threat.
The Pennsylvania man, who has a gun permit, had left his car there after picking up his girlfriend from work on Tuesday, police said, and was planning on getting the car today.
new jersey, camden county, guns, school, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps 23 min ago
- Very cold today, Saturday storm 15 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J. 23 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 10 min ago
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in action
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church 21 min ago
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos 20 min ago
- Sandusky lawyer sued over $25,000 credit card debt 25 min ago
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: Top Holiday Tech Gifts 2013!
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in...
20 min ago
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in...
23 min ago