Lockdown lifted at 2 Camden County schools
GIBBSBORO, N.J. - May 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A lockdown put in place at two schools in Camden County, as police investigated suspicious items in an unattended car, has been lifted.
Eastern High School and Kellman Brown Academy in Voorhees were put on lockdown Wednesday morning after someone saw a gun holster and what appeared to be ammo and other suspicious items in the car.
Police have made contact with the driver and determined there is no threat.
The Pennsylvania man, who has a gun permit, had left his car there after picking up his girlfriend from work on Tuesday, police said, and was planning on getting the car today.
new jersey, camden county, guns, school, local/state
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking 5 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 12 min ago
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover 23 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
5 min ago