Lockdown lifted at 2 Camden County schools
GIBBSBORO, N.J. - May 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A lockdown put in place at two schools in Camden County, as police investigated suspicious items in an unattended car, has been lifted.
Eastern High School and Kellman Brown Academy in Voorhees were put on lockdown Wednesday morning after someone saw a gun holster and what appeared to be ammo and other suspicious items in the car.
Police have made contact with the driver and determined there is no threat.
The Pennsylvania man, who has a gun permit, had left his car there after picking up his girlfriend from work on Tuesday, police said, and was planning on getting the car today.
new jersey, camden county, guns, school, local/state
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff 12 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 45 min ago