Methamphetamine lab found in man's bedroom, police say
NEW CASTLE, Del. - May 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A New Castle man is behind bars after police say they found a methamphetamine lab in his bedroom.
Vernon English, 25, of the 200 block of James Place in the Manor Park East development, is charged with drug and weapons offenses and criminal mischief.
Police went English's home on Tuesday to question him about an unrelated incident. When English arrived in his pickup truck, officers noticed a strong smell of marijuana.
They searched English and then his home and found 30 grams of marijuana. They also found evidence of a one-pot meth lab in his bedroom. The home was evacuated, and a hazmat team arrived to remove the chemicals and materials used to make methamphetamine.
Officers also seized six guns that were in the home. English was taken into custody.
Then, police say, while English was awaiting arraignment Tuesday night, he broke a shower head in his cell, flooding the building with several inches of water. Criminal mischief was added to the list of charges against him.
He is behind bars after failing to post $167,000 cash bail.
delaware, drugs, local/state
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby 13 min ago
- Philadelphia police officer's stolen SUV found 31 min ago
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- No jackets for North Philadelphia cheer squad
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's
- Video: First dog knocks down toddler at White House