Methamphetamine lab found in man's bedroom, police say
NEW CASTLE, Del. - May 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A New Castle man is behind bars after police say they found a methamphetamine lab in his bedroom.
Vernon English, 25, of the 200 block of James Place in the Manor Park East development, is charged with drug and weapons offenses and criminal mischief.
Police went English's home on Tuesday to question him about an unrelated incident. When English arrived in his pickup truck, officers noticed a strong smell of marijuana.
They searched English and then his home and found 30 grams of marijuana. They also found evidence of a one-pot meth lab in his bedroom. The home was evacuated, and a hazmat team arrived to remove the chemicals and materials used to make methamphetamine.
Officers also seized six guns that were in the home. English was taken into custody.
Then, police say, while English was awaiting arraignment Tuesday night, he broke a shower head in his cell, flooding the building with several inches of water. Criminal mischief was added to the list of charges against him.
He is behind bars after failing to post $167,000 cash bail.
delaware, drugs, local/state
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 49 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Woman's body found between parked cars in W. Phila. 22 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged 32 min ago
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker 58 min ago
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more