Suspects sought in Dollar General robbery, shooting
STRAWBERRY MANSION - May 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Police Department is looking for two men who robbed a Dollar General store and shot a security guard.
The robbery happened at 9:45 p.m. on April 29th at the store located at 2815 Ridge Avenue.
Investigators say the suspects entered the store wearing masks and were armed with handguns.
One of the men forced the manager to open the safe, at gunpoint, while the other suspect shot the security guard in the hand.
After taking an undetermined amount of cash the suspects fled on foot.
However, while leaving the store, one of the suspects lifted his mask and his face was caught on surveillance camera.
Suspect #1 is described as a black male, 21-24 years-of-age, 6'1" tall, thin build, wearing a black and grey stripped jacket. This is the man who, police say, shot the security guard.
Suspect #2 is described as a black male, 5'6" tall, light colored jacket, tan hood. This suspect's face was captured by surveillance video.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, robbery, shooting, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911 28 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
58 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos