Television falls on 2-year-old in Cedarbrook, child critical
CEDARBROOK - May 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 2-year-old boy has been injured in an accident involving a television in the Cedarbrook section of Philadelphia.
Officers were called to the 1100 block of East Sydney Street Wednesday afternoon.
Police tell Action News the boy's father walked out of a bathroom at about 4:00 p.m. and found his son underneath a 40-inch tube TV.
The little boy, identified as Merrick Felton, was bleeding from his mouth, nose and ears.
Merrick was taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center and then transferred to St. Christopher's Hospital for Children.
Action News is told Merrick is in critical condition.
A recent Vanderbilt University study found that nearly 13,000 children a year are injured by falling television sets.
Most of the children injured are under the age of 5.
philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight 52 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle 10 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 57 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 1 wounded in Lakewood drive-by shooting
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
52 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
57 min ago