Television falls on 2-year-old in Cedarbrook, child critical
CEDARBROOK - May 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 2-year-old boy has been injured in an accident involving a television in the Cedarbrook section of Philadelphia.
Officers were called to the 1100 block of East Sydney Street Wednesday afternoon.
Police tell Action News the boy's father walked out of a bathroom at about 4:00 p.m. and found his son underneath a 40-inch tube TV.
The little boy, identified as Merrick Felton, was bleeding from his mouth, nose and ears.
Merrick was taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center and then transferred to St. Christopher's Hospital for Children.
Action News is told Merrick is in critical condition.
A recent Vanderbilt University study found that nearly 13,000 children a year are injured by falling television sets.
Most of the children injured are under the age of 5.
philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist 14 min ago
- 12 dead in Mt. Everest avalanche 33 min ago
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business 1 min ago
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sinking ferry 56 min ago
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in Olney
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.