Television falls on 2-year-old in Cedarbrook, child critical
CEDARBROOK - May 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- A 2-year-old boy has been injured in an accident involving a television in the Cedarbrook section of Philadelphia.
Officers were called to the 1100 block of East Sydney Street Wednesday afternoon.
Police tell Action News the boy's father walked out of a bathroom at about 4:00 p.m. and found his son underneath a 40-inch tube TV.
The little boy, identified as Merrick Felton, was bleeding from his mouth, nose and ears.
Merrick was taken to Albert Einstein Medical Center and then transferred to St. Christopher's Hospital for Children.
Action News is told Merrick is in critical condition.
A recent Vanderbilt University study found that nearly 13,000 children a year are injured by falling television sets.
Most of the children injured are under the age of 5.
philadelphia, accident, local/state
- 3 beach homes destroyed in Sea Isle City fire 5 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Images of Sea Isle City fire 11 min ago
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 26 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Hate messages sprayed on W. Amwell business
24 min ago