Dirt bike hits boy in Hunting Park, driver sought
HUNTING PARK - May 8, 2013 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are searching for a dirt bike driver who struck a 5-year-old boy in Hunting Park.
Police say Joaquin Hernandez was seriously injured at approximately 5:00 p.m. Sunday inside a park at 9th and Cayuga streets.
According to authorities, Joaquin was trying to get into his mother's van when three dirt bikes drove by at a high rate of speed.
One of the bikes, red and white in color similar to the one pictured here, hit the 5-year-old.
"My son didn't even get chance to jump inside the van cause by the time he braked, he flew my son," Joaquin's mother Keyla Hernandez said.
Police describe the driver of the bike as a Hispanic male in his early 20s, wearing a white t-shirt, blue jeans with black or navy blue sneakers.
The boy has a broken left collar bone and several broken ribs. He is being treated at St. Christopher's Hospital for Children.
Anyone with information is advised to call Philadelphia police at 215-685-3180.
philadelphia, hunting park, hit and run, accident, local/state
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion 13 min ago
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls 19 min ago
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill 21 min ago
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 8 min ago
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Video: Cover Story: Can Foles break jinx?
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
13 min ago
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East...
19 min ago
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts...
8 min ago
- SPCA rescues abandoned dog in Germantown
12 min ago