5 charged in videotaped fight at Chester school (PHOTOS)
CHESTER, Pa. - May 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Five young people have been charged in connection with a fight at a high school in Chester that was captured on video.
19-year-old Omar Davis, 18-year-old Edward Stanley, 18-year-old Clayton Newman, 16-year-old Jordan Morales and 16-year-old Citerrah Gomillon face a number of charges including aggravated assault and robbery.
The video shows the fight in the Chester High School on Tuesday.
The images show the group rushing another young person inside the school's library.
At one point, a suspect picks up a wooden chair and hits the victim, who is still on the floor.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports that Stanley was the suspect heard on video boasting about the attack.
The paper quotes him as saying "This is Chester High for you, man."
As the fight continues, the suspects are seen punching, kicking and stomping the victim.
Earlier, Mayor John Linder praised police for working quickly on an investigation that resulted in the arrest of five students.
Joel Watkins, the state-appointed receiver of the Chester Upland School District, said that he and the mayor have been working on the issue of school security.
pennsylvania, chester, delaware county, school, fight, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book