5 charged in videotaped fight at Chester school (PHOTOS)
CHESTER, Pa. - May 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Five young people have been charged in connection with a fight at a high school in Chester that was captured on video.
19-year-old Omar Davis, 18-year-old Edward Stanley, 18-year-old Clayton Newman, 16-year-old Jordan Morales and 16-year-old Citerrah Gomillon face a number of charges including aggravated assault and robbery.
The video shows the fight in the Chester High School on Tuesday.
The images show the group rushing another young person inside the school's library.
At one point, a suspect picks up a wooden chair and hits the victim, who is still on the floor.
The Delaware County Daily Times reports that Stanley was the suspect heard on video boasting about the attack.
The paper quotes him as saying "This is Chester High for you, man."
As the fight continues, the suspects are seen punching, kicking and stomping the victim.
Earlier, Mayor John Linder praised police for working quickly on an investigation that resulted in the arrest of five students.
Joel Watkins, the state-appointed receiver of the Chester Upland School District, said that he and the mayor have been working on the issue of school security.
pennsylvania, chester, delaware county, school, fight, local/state
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash 24 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Gov. Christie signs immigrant tuition bill
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle...
24 min ago