2 men pistol-whipped in Olney home invasion
OLNEY - May 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say two men were pistol-whipped during a violent home invasion in the Olney section of Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
The incident happened around 3:00 a.m. on the 300 block of East Gale Street.
According to police, two armed men forced their way into a house while two men were sleeping upstairs in their bedrooms.
The suspects then kicked the bedroom doors in and forced the two men on the floor. Both men, 40-year-old and a 41-year-old, suffered minor injuries to the head.
Suspects fled the home through the same door they entered, police say, getting away with $1,000 cash, a computer, a 60-inch TV, an iPhone and jewelry.
Police are looking for two suspects.
Suspect #1 is described as a 35-year-old man, standing about 5'5" tall with a skinny build. He was last seen wearing black pants, black jacket with a hood and brown boots.
Suspect #2 described as a 40-year-old man, standing 6'3" tall with a skinny build. He was last seen wearing a black hoodie and orange shirt underneath with black boots.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477).
home invasion, olney, philadelphia, local/state
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239 26 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more