2 men pistol-whipped in Olney home invasion
OLNEY - May 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say two men were pistol-whipped during a violent home invasion in the Olney section of Philadelphia early Thursday morning.
The incident happened around 3:00 a.m. on the 300 block of East Gale Street.
According to police, two armed men forced their way into a house while two men were sleeping upstairs in their bedrooms.
The suspects then kicked the bedroom doors in and forced the two men on the floor. Both men, 40-year-old and a 41-year-old, suffered minor injuries to the head.
Suspects fled the home through the same door they entered, police say, getting away with $1,000 cash, a computer, a 60-inch TV, an iPhone and jewelry.
Police are looking for two suspects.
Suspect #1 is described as a 35-year-old man, standing about 5'5" tall with a skinny build. He was last seen wearing black pants, black jacket with a hood and brown boots.
Suspect #2 described as a 40-year-old man, standing 6'3" tall with a skinny build. He was last seen wearing a black hoodie and orange shirt underneath with black boots.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477).
home invasion, olney, philadelphia, local/state
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 3 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly 34 min ago
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 11 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Video: Remembering a wife/mother lost to cancer
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
3 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West...
34 min ago