Gosnell jury focusing on 1 murder charge
PHILADELPHIA - May 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Jurors weighing the deaths of four babies and a patient at a Philadelphia abortion clinic appear to be working on one of the murder charges against the defendant, Dr. Kermit Gosnell.
The jury asked Thursday to re-hear evidence involving a baby allegedly born alive in a toilet before clinic employee Adrienne Moton snipped its neck with scissors.
The jury is spending a few hours reviewing Moton's testimony.
Gosnell, the clinic owner, is charged in the deaths of four babies because he either cut their necks or instructed employees to do so.
Gosnell is also charged with third-degree murder in the overdose death of a 41-year-old patient from Virginia.
The defense argues that there were no live births at the Philadelphia clinic.
Jurors have been deliberating for more than a week.
philadelphia, abortion, trial, pennsylvania, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 25 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 52 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 11 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- London theater partially collapses; 80...
25 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos