Gosnell jury focusing on 1 murder charge
PHILADELPHIA - May 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Jurors weighing the deaths of four babies and a patient at a Philadelphia abortion clinic appear to be working on one of the murder charges against the defendant, Dr. Kermit Gosnell.
The jury asked Thursday to re-hear evidence involving a baby allegedly born alive in a toilet before clinic employee Adrienne Moton snipped its neck with scissors.
The jury is spending a few hours reviewing Moton's testimony.
Gosnell, the clinic owner, is charged in the deaths of four babies because he either cut their necks or instructed employees to do so.
Gosnell is also charged with third-degree murder in the overdose death of a 41-year-old patient from Virginia.
The defense argues that there were no live births at the Philadelphia clinic.
Jurors have been deliberating for more than a week.
philadelphia, abortion, trial, pennsylvania, local/state
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter 20 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Family of injured Harrah's racer sues casino
- Snow plow overturns on I-95 in Delaware 53 min ago
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Video: Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co.
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade
- This is now Philly's 2nd snowiest winter
20 min ago