Sketch released in Society Hill pharmacist shooting
PHILADELPHIA - May 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police have released a sketch of one of the suspects in the robbery and shooting of a Society Hill pharmacist last Monday Night.
The 35-year-old victim is the pharmacy manager at the CVS on Headhouse Square.
Just before 10:00 p.m., he was walking home.
In new surveillance video released today by police, the victim can be seen walking with his iPhone in hand on Lombard between 4th and 5th streets. Off camera, two young men, including the man depicted in the sketch, approach the victim and take his iPhone at gunpoint.
"One male had a gun and demanded the victim's cell phone. The victim complied and handed him the cell phone," Lt. Patrick Doherty of the Philadelphia Police Department said.
Surveillance then shows the victim chasing the two suspects who split up.
The victim continued to follow the suspect with the gun.
Another surveillance camera near 4th and Pine picked up the chase again.
Just off camera, the suspect turned and fired a shot.
The bullet hit the victim in the chest.
He spent the last week and a half recovering in the hospital and helped police compose a sketch of the man he remembered firing the gunshot.
"He's in good shape. He's been released from the hospital. He is doing good," Doherty said.
There was another shooting at 4th and Pine in November 2011. That case was already solved and two suspects are in federal custody.
Police are not sure if the unsolved murder of Michael Hagan in July of 2012 is related.
If you can identify the man in the sketch, you are asked to call Central Detectives at 215-686-3060.
philadelphia, society hill, shooting, robbery, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff 22 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower 55 min ago