Fire rips through Lawrenceville apartment complex; 2 injured
LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J. - May 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire forced residents from the Lawrence Plaza Apartments in Lawrenceville, Mercer County.
It broke out before 10:30 a.m. Thursday in a third floor apartment of the B wing of the complex on Princeton Pike.
The entire complex was evacuated.
Fire crews arrived and had the blaze under control with half an hour.
Two residents were injured: one was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation, another resident suffered a cut foot from broken glass.
Officials say the blaze was contained to one apartment, but other apartments in the B wing sustained smoke and water damage.
As of 3:00 p.m., some residents had been allowed back into the complex, but residents of 42 units were still out of their homes.
Action News is told they have sought shelter with family, friends or residents elsewhere in the complex.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
new jersey, fire, mercer county, local/state
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more 51 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia 35 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 2 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
2 min ago