Fire rips through Lawrenceville apartment complex; 2 injured
LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J. - May 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Fire forced residents from the Lawrence Plaza Apartments in Lawrenceville, Mercer County.
It broke out before 10:30 a.m. Thursday in a third floor apartment of the B wing of the complex on Princeton Pike.
The entire complex was evacuated.
Fire crews arrived and had the blaze under control with half an hour.
Two residents were injured: one was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation, another resident suffered a cut foot from broken glass.
Officials say the blaze was contained to one apartment, but other apartments in the B wing sustained smoke and water damage.
As of 3:00 p.m., some residents had been allowed back into the complex, but residents of 42 units were still out of their homes.
Action News is told they have sought shelter with family, friends or residents elsewhere in the complex.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
new jersey, fire, mercer county, local/state
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks 6 min ago
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 51 min ago
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News 14 min ago
- 2 women hospitalized after Schuylkill Expy. crash
- Mattress catches fire in townhouse in Whitemarsh
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash 8 min ago
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
6 min ago