Shooting at Southwest Philadelphia playground, 1 injured
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - May 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting at a playground in Southwest Philadelphia.
Authorities say a gunman opened fire shortly before 5:00 p.m. Thursday on a group of people playing basketball at Finnegan's Playground on 68th Street.
Police say the shooter fired at least 5 rounds, as children played nearby.
A man in his mid-20's was hit.
He was taken to the hospital and is listed in critical condition.
No arrests have been made.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 4 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 6 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 56 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia 55 min ago
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
6 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
56 min ago