Shooting at Southwest Philadelphia playground, 1 injured
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - May 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting at a playground in Southwest Philadelphia.
Authorities say a gunman opened fire shortly before 5:00 p.m. Thursday on a group of people playing basketball at Finnegan's Playground on 68th Street.
Police say the shooter fired at least 5 rounds, as children played nearby.
A man in his mid-20's was hit.
He was taken to the hospital and is listed in critical condition.
No arrests have been made.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- NJ forest fire threatens homes; evacuations ordered 8 min ago
- Sunny, blustery winds today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: 23 wanted in Phila. insurance fraud scheme
- Family escapes burning home in Bucks Co.
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos