Shooting at Southwest Philadelphia playground, 1 injured
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - May 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting at a playground in Southwest Philadelphia.
Authorities say a gunman opened fire shortly before 5:00 p.m. Thursday on a group of people playing basketball at Finnegan's Playground on 68th Street.
Police say the shooter fired at least 5 rounds, as children played nearby.
A man in his mid-20's was hit.
He was taken to the hospital and is listed in critical condition.
No arrests have been made.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Search for missing 11-year-old boy 13 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 1 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over 54 min ago
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
1 min ago