Police fatally shoot suspect in Southwest Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - May 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities are investigating a police related shooting that left a man dead in Southwest Philadelphia.
It happened around 9:00 p.m. Thursday in the 2200 block of South 71st Street.
Action News has learned police shot a male suspect at that location.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he was later pronounced dead.
No officers were hurt.
No further details have been released.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, shooting, police, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run