Police fatally shoot suspect in Southwest Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - May 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities are investigating a police related shooting that left a man dead in Southwest Philadelphia.
It happened around 9:00 p.m. Thursday in the 2200 block of South 71st Street.
Action News has learned police shot a male suspect at that location.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he was later pronounced dead.
No officers were hurt.
No further details have been released.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, shooting, police, local/state
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 5 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia 3 min ago
- PennDOT clears roads of snow, preps for ice
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Police search for burglar targeting Philly restaurants
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- No bail for 2 charged in Philly collapse
- Obama hails Mandela as "last great liberator"
- 6 missing adults, children found alive in Nevada
- Photos: Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013 (Photos)
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
5 min ago
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
3 min ago
- Police push burning car in New Hampshire
1 min ago