Police fatally shoot suspect in Southwest Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - May 9, 2013 (WPVI) -- Authorities are investigating a police related shooting that left a man dead in Southwest Philadelphia.
It happened around 9:00 p.m. Thursday in the 2200 block of South 71st Street.
Action News has learned police shot a male suspect at that location.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he was later pronounced dead.
No officers were hurt.
No further details have been released.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, shooting, police, local/state
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police