Flames tear through home in Kensington
KENSINGTON - May 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters were called to battle an early morning house fire in the Kensington section of the city.
It happened around 3:00 Friday morning at the intersection of West Dauphin and North Leithgow Street.
Heavy flames were reported coming from the home when fire crews arrived.
Heavy smoke was also reported throughout.
Fire crews brought the blaze under control within a half hour.
The house was apparently vacant and no injuries were reported.
The cause for the fire is still under investigation
philadelphia, kensington, fire, local/state
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting 18 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say
- Police ID man found dead in Centreville driveway 16 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges
- 4 alarm fire burns at motel in Berks County
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- Restaurant plans new statue of Joe Paterno
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Pizza deliveryman ID'd in police shooting
18 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos