Flames tear through home in Kensington
KENSINGTON - May 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters were called to battle an early morning house fire in the Kensington section of the city.
It happened around 3:00 Friday morning at the intersection of West Dauphin and North Leithgow Street.
Heavy flames were reported coming from the home when fire crews arrived.
Heavy smoke was also reported throughout.
Fire crews brought the blaze under control within a half hour.
The house was apparently vacant and no injuries were reported.
The cause for the fire is still under investigation
philadelphia, kensington, fire, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos