Flames tear through home in Kensington
KENSINGTON - May 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters were called to battle an early morning house fire in the Kensington section of the city.
It happened around 3:00 Friday morning at the intersection of West Dauphin and North Leithgow Street.
Heavy flames were reported coming from the home when fire crews arrived.
Heavy smoke was also reported throughout.
Fire crews brought the blaze under control within a half hour.
The house was apparently vacant and no injuries were reported.
The cause for the fire is still under investigation
philadelphia, kensington, fire, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos