Flames tear through home in Kensington
KENSINGTON - May 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Firefighters were called to battle an early morning house fire in the Kensington section of the city.
It happened around 3:00 Friday morning at the intersection of West Dauphin and North Leithgow Street.
Heavy flames were reported coming from the home when fire crews arrived.
Heavy smoke was also reported throughout.
Fire crews brought the blaze under control within a half hour.
The house was apparently vacant and no injuries were reported.
The cause for the fire is still under investigation
philadelphia, kensington, fire, local/state
- Drexel student found dead in sorority house
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens to distant waters 5 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash 11 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 9 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos