2 arrested for University City robberies ID'd
UNIVERSITY CITY - May 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two people have been taken into custody in connection with 11 robberies in Philadelphia.
Sean King, 25, and Shalina Watts, 25, both of Elkins Park, Pa. are facing theft and related charges.
The robberies all happened Thursday between 8:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. in the University City section.
Police say King, Watts and a third suspect stole cell phones and wallets from people in four separate locations:
King and Watts were arrested at 44th and Baltimore Avenue shortly after the last robbery.
The third suspect remains at large.
Police tell Action News no one was hurt during the robberies.
In addition, police are warning everyone to be more aware of their surroundings.
It's estimated that one out of three robberies nationwide involves the theft of a mobile phone.
philadelphia, university city, robbery, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 8 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; 6 dead, 290 missing
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia