2 arrested for University City robberies ID'd
UNIVERSITY CITY - May 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Two people have been taken into custody in connection with 11 robberies in Philadelphia.
Sean King, 25, and Shalina Watts, 25, both of Elkins Park, Pa. are facing theft and related charges.
The robberies all happened Thursday between 8:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. in the University City section.
Police say King, Watts and a third suspect stole cell phones and wallets from people in four separate locations:
King and Watts were arrested at 44th and Baltimore Avenue shortly after the last robbery.
The third suspect remains at large.
Police tell Action News no one was hurt during the robberies.
In addition, police are warning everyone to be more aware of their surroundings.
It's estimated that one out of three robberies nationwide involves the theft of a mobile phone.
philadelphia, university city, robbery, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 3 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student 26 min ago
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd 1 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar