Police uncover high-tech marijuana farm in Chester County basement (PHOTOS)
SPRING CITY, Pa. - May 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- A Chester County man has been charged with operating a high-tech marijuana-growing operation out of the basement of his home.
Christian Titone, 53, of the 1200 block of Jaine Lane in Chester Springs, is charged with an array of drug-dealing offenses, including possession with the intent to distribute controlled substances and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Prosecutors say police raided Titone's home at 6:00 a.m. Tuesday and found a sophisticated hydroponic grow operation with 188 marijuana plants in various stages of growth.
Authorities say the elaborate hydroponic system filled the basement. It included grow lights, an irrigation system, and ventilation.
They say the house had a state-of-the-art surveillance system that allowed Titone to monitor all areas inside and outside of the home on a series of high-definition monitors located throughout the house.
The house also contained processed marijuana that already had been harvested for sale, prosecutors said.
Titone's bail was set at $100,000 cash, which he posted immediately.
pennsylvania, drugs, marijuana, chester county, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 2 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp. 42 min ago
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth 6 min ago
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
37 min ago