Elementary school in Hunting Park evacuated for odor
HUNTING PARK - May 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- The report of a gas odor prompted officials to evacuate Cayuga Elementary School in the Hunting Park section of Philadelphia.
Firefighters were called at about 10:20 a.m. Friday.
The entire building, including faculty, staff and approximately 400 kindergarten through 5th grade students, was evacuated as a precaution.
There was no immediate report of anyone being sickened or injured.
PGW crews were reportedly on the scene trying to pinpoint the source of the odor.
As of 11:30 a.m. there was no word what may have caused the odor.
philadelphia, school, hunting park, local/state
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Periods of rain today, getting cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Funeral for Nelson Mandela to be held Dec. 15th
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Video: Jim Gardner recalls visiting Mandela's cell
- Body found on side of road in Wilmington 19 min ago
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Reward offered after dogs found in trash bags 26 min ago
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Surveillance video shows Christmas package theft
- Police: Teen stole Porsche part from Paul Walker crash