Elementary school in Hunting Park evacuated for odor
HUNTING PARK - May 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- The report of a gas odor prompted officials to evacuate Cayuga Elementary School in the Hunting Park section of Philadelphia.
Firefighters were called at about 10:20 a.m. Friday.
The entire building, including faculty, staff and approximately 400 kindergarten through 5th grade students, was evacuated as a precaution.
There was no immediate report of anyone being sickened or injured.
PGW crews were reportedly on the scene trying to pinpoint the source of the odor.
As of 11:30 a.m. there was no word what may have caused the odor.
philadelphia, school, hunting park, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife 11 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd 20 min ago
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?