Elementary school in Hunting Park evacuated for odor
HUNTING PARK - May 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- The report of a gas odor prompted officials to evacuate Cayuga Elementary School in the Hunting Park section of Philadelphia.
Firefighters were called at about 10:20 a.m. Friday.
The entire building, including faculty, staff and approximately 400 kindergarten through 5th grade students, was evacuated as a precaution.
There was no immediate report of anyone being sickened or injured.
PGW crews were reportedly on the scene trying to pinpoint the source of the odor.
As of 11:30 a.m. there was no word what may have caused the odor.
philadelphia, school, hunting park, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 41 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 27 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- London theater partially collapses; 80...
41 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos