Elementary school in Hunting Park evacuated for odor
HUNTING PARK - May 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- The report of a gas odor prompted officials to evacuate Cayuga Elementary School in the Hunting Park section of Philadelphia.
Firefighters were called at about 10:20 a.m. Friday.
The entire building, including faculty, staff and approximately 400 kindergarten through 5th grade students, was evacuated as a precaution.
There was no immediate report of anyone being sickened or injured.
PGW crews were reportedly on the scene trying to pinpoint the source of the odor.
As of 11:30 a.m. there was no word what may have caused the odor.
philadelphia, school, hunting park, local/state
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 9 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 35 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 49 min ago
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos