Wilmington church burglar caught in the act, police say
WILMINGTON, Del. - May 10, 2013 (WPVI) -- Police say alert neighbors helped officers catch a burglar at a Wilmington church.
Neighbors called police Thursday afternoon when they spotted a man climbing through the window at the Faith Tabernacle United Holy Church.
When officers arrived, police say 27-year-old Emanuel Carr ran out the back of the church and he was caught after a short foot chase.
Cpl. Mark Ivey says officers found church members' offering envelopes in Carr's pockets.
He's charged with 3rd degree burglary, criminal mischief, theft and criminal trespassing.
delaware, wilmington, burglary, local/state
- Saints will trade Sproles to Eagles; Birds sign Carroll 19 min ago
- Windy and cold today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion 5 min ago
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting
- Residents forced to vacate East Oak Lane condo
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- Rescue crews pull woman from Schuylkill River
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
5 min ago