Source: Murdered Philadelphia DJ had large amount of drugs
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - May 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A police source tells Action News that a popular DJ who was murdered in South Philadelphia over the weekend had a large amount of drugs in his apartment.
Tom Watson, 36, also known as DJ Fenix, was shot around 3:45 a.m. Saturday inside the Haagen-Dazs Ice Cream shop on the 200 block of South Street.
Police say Watson was going to his apartment located above the shop when he was attacked.
On Monday, police sources say that they found a large amount of cocaine and marijuana in his apartment.
Those sources believe Watson would sell drugs at his performances.
Police sources say they also believe Watson was targeted because of the drugs, because his attackers made no effort to steal his music equipment.
In addition, police sources say, they have surveillance video of the attack and the killers were not wearing masks.
The video shows Watson fighting with his attackers, police sources say, before he was shot multiple times.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, robbery, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 4 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft 48 min ago
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 8 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park 46 min ago
- Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier 43 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies