Source: Murdered Philadelphia DJ had large amount of drugs
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - May 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A police source tells Action News that a popular DJ who was murdered in South Philadelphia over the weekend had a large amount of drugs in his apartment.
Tom Watson, 36, also known as DJ Fenix, was shot around 3:45 a.m. Saturday inside the Haagen-Dazs Ice Cream shop on the 200 block of South Street.
Police say Watson was going to his apartment located above the shop when he was attacked.
On Monday, police sources say that they found a large amount of cocaine and marijuana in his apartment.
Those sources believe Watson would sell drugs at his performances.
Police sources say they also believe Watson was targeted because of the drugs, because his attackers made no effort to steal his music equipment.
In addition, police sources say, they have surveillance video of the attack and the killers were not wearing masks.
The video shows Watson fighting with his attackers, police sources say, before he was shot multiple times.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, robbery, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 11 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Fairy Godmothers make prom dreams come true
49 min ago