Source: Murdered Philadelphia DJ had large amount of drugs
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - May 13, 2013 (WPVI) -- A police source tells Action News that a popular DJ who was murdered in South Philadelphia over the weekend had a large amount of drugs in his apartment.
Tom Watson, 36, also known as DJ Fenix, was shot around 3:45 a.m. Saturday inside the Haagen-Dazs Ice Cream shop on the 200 block of South Street.
Police say Watson was going to his apartment located above the shop when he was attacked.
On Monday, police sources say that they found a large amount of cocaine and marijuana in his apartment.
Those sources believe Watson would sell drugs at his performances.
Police sources say they also believe Watson was targeted because of the drugs, because his attackers made no effort to steal his music equipment.
In addition, police sources say, they have surveillance video of the attack and the killers were not wearing masks.
The video shows Watson fighting with his attackers, police sources say, before he was shot multiple times.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Philadelphia Police at 215-686-TIPS (8477), text a tip to PPD TIP (773847) or through PhillyPolice.com.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, robbery, homicide, shooting, local/state
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations 44 min ago
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Video: Downed power line in Lower Merion
- Video: Katherine Scott reports on icy AM conditions
- Obama heading to South Africa
- Casino patron abducted, robbed and shot
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally